Unique therapy for women
The AirSense 10 AutoSet™ for Her is the first sleep apnea machine designed to provide female-specific therapy. Combining this revolutionary new machine with a "for Her" version of one of our AirFit™ masks gives female patients a comprehensive setup tailored for women. A new beginning in therapy choices The AirSense™ 10 series of CPAP and APAP machines and the AirCurve™ 10 (bilevel) series feature built-in humidification and built-in wireless – no module or SD card is needed. These connected machines make troubleshooting easier and you can even change patient settings on them remotely using AirView™, ResMed’s online platform.
Helping patients replace their current CPAP machines
With the recent launch of ResMed Air Solutions, right now is a great time for patients who require a replacement CPAP machine or qualify for a new one. ResMed Air Solutions provides an out-of-the-box, completely seamless connection between you and your patients throughout the treatment journey.
See the Medicare Replacement Guidelines on page 2 for more details on which patients may qualify.
Find out more at ResMed.com/AirSolutions
More than five years
The replacement of an item past the five-year lifetime will be considered in cases of irreparable wear if the item has been in continuous use by the patient, on either a rental or purchase basis, for the equipment’s useful lifetime.
• Irreparable wear:
– Irreparable wear refers to deterioration sustained from day-to-day usage over time and a specific event cannot be identified.
– In cases involving irreparable wear, the Reasonable Useful Lifetime (RUL) of the equipment is taken into consideration, and in no case can it be less than five years old.
– Computation of the useful lifetime is based on when the equipment is delivered to the patient, not the age of the equipment.
– A physician’s written order is needed to reaffirm the medical necessity of the item.
• If a PAP machine is replaced following the five-year RUL, there must be a face-to-face evaluation by the treating physician documenting that the patient continues to use and benefit from the PAP machine. There is no requirement for a new sleep test or trial period.
- Repair and Replacement Sources:
- CMS/Pub. 100-02. Transmittal 30. February 18, 2005
- CMS/Pub. 100-02. Transmittal 582. October 28, 2009
- CMS IOM, Publication 100-4, Chapter 20,“Supplier Replacement of Beneficiary-owned Capped Rental Equipment Based upon Accumulated Repair Costs” email notification, DME MAC Listserve, June 8, 2012
- Medicare Benefit Policy Manual, 100-02, Chapter 15, Section 100.2 Supplier Manual, Chapter 5 CMS, “PAP Devices for the Treatment of OSA (L171),” U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Distributed by ResMed Corp, 9001 Spectrum Center Boulevard, San Diego, CA 92123 USA +1 858 836 5000 or 1 800 424 0737 (toll free). See ResMed.com for other ResMed locations worldwide. AirCurve, AirFit,
AirSense, AirView and AutoSet are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of the ResMed family of companies. Specifications may change without notice. © 2014 ResMed. 1018332/1 2014-11
Medicare Replacement Guidelines